CarrieVision

Carrie Underwood Official News

Thursday, June 10, 2010

Carrie Underwood Calls Fiancé "My Biggest Prize"

Carrie Underwood may have won the top trophy Wednesday night (June 9) at the 2010 CMT Music Awards in Nashville, but during her visit with reporters backstage, she insisted that the "biggest prize" was one seat over -- her fiancé, hockey player Mike Fisher.

"It's really great having him there because no matter what happens, I go home a winner," she told reporters in the pressroom of the Bridgestone Arena. "I have the biggest prize -- and it's the guy sitting next to me. Win or lose, I know he's proud of me, and that's really nice. But, of course, it's nice to share the good times with him, too, and to have him here for anything."

Asked how her upcoming wedding ceremony and reception will be unique, Underwood replied, "Goodness, I don't know! We're still working on everything. I'll tell you afterwards. I haven't been to too many weddings, so I really don't have that much to compare it to. But I guess the unique thing will be me and Mike." After a shy giggle, she added, "We've never been married before, so it will be like anybody else's wedding." However, their wedding date has not been publicly announced.

Fisher, who appeared with Underwood at the City of Hope celebrity softball game earlier this week, has become friends with some of her contemporaries, as well.

"Everybody has been so nice and welcomed him," Underwood said. "He was walking by Brad Paisley earlier, and he's like, 'Let's go hang out.' I said, 'I leave on Saturday to go back on the road.' He's like, 'We don't need her. Let's go.' Everybody's been super nice. Not that I expected anything different because I know what kind of people I'm around."

>> Full Story

No comments: