CarrieVision

Carrie Underwood Official News

Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Soul Surfer – Carrie Underwood on an inspirational story

Carrie Underwood captivated audiences with her girl-next-door likeability on American Idol, and went on to win the competition and become a superstar, selling millions of CDs.

Now she’s branching out in a new direction, taking on the role of Sarah Hill in the drama Soul Surfer. The movie chronicles the true life story of Bethany Hamilton (AnnaSophia Robb), a 13-year-old who was competing in national surfing competitions until one fateful day when a shark came out of nowhere and she lost an arm.

Sarah Hill was Bethany’s church youth-group leader who encouraged her to not lose faith. I spoke with Carrie Underwood at the press day for the movie about this new direction in her career and her opinion on this season’s American Idol.

When did you hear about this movie, and why did you want to be a part of it?

I got the book, and I got DVDs and all kinds of information about Bethany and her story, which I’d heard of when it happened, but I didn’t know the ins and outs and all that good stuff. When I read the script, I definitely wanted to be involved; it’s such an inspirational story. Just to be a part of telling that was enough for me.

>> More

No comments: