CarrieVision

Carrie Underwood Official News

Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Lake Charles native dances in Carrie Underwood music video



LAKE CHARLES, LA (KPLC) - It's every young girl's dream to dance among the stars in a popular music video.

Now Heidi Hankin, a former Barbe Bluebell has finally hit the spotlight in Carrie Underwood's new music video, "Cowboy Casanova."

"I just love to perform," says Hankin. "I love being in a big arena with tons of people around and just getting to smile."

Hankin began dancing when she was 6 years old.

"I did a little bit of everything really," says Hankin. "I took ballet, tap, and Jazz."

These classes prepared her to become a Barbe Bluebonnet, an LSU Tiger Girl, and something a little more than that.

Just one week after starting her senior year at LSU, Hankin auditioned to dance in a country music video being filmed in New Orleans.

"We had about an hour and a half to get to there once we heard about it,"says Hankin.

The choreographer just filmed us doing free style," says Hankin.

Within a matter of days, Hankin was dancing alongside singer Carrie Underwood.

"It's still really exciting," says Hankin. "Whenever I think it's calmed down a little bit, somebody else will write on my facebook wall or call me."

>> Full Story

No comments: